The Devil In The Road

Another day was passing, as they always seem to do
My head was in the sky, with the eagles and the blue
Such vial destruction and chaos stood before
Of loss, pain, and that god-awful whore

Trying to forget, as many men do
Through the bottle, friends, and you know who
But this day was different, unlike the rest
As we rounded the corner, I became quite distressed

What stood before me, I wasn't quite sure
But his shadowy figure was evil, quite pure
The goosebumps came like a brisk frosty wind
And I wondered what he'd done to emit so much sin

Slowly we moved on towards this figure of black
A force pulled us in and there was no turning back
My blood turned cold and my eyes set aflame
That blasted demon seemed to know my true name

Just then in the distance, a shimmering light
A small beckon of refuge shone through the night
I had gone too far though, I was quite sure
To make it to, God's kingdom of pure

No comments: